Empower Birth Antenatal Classes
“Your body – Your baby – Your Birth!”
Empower Antenatal Classes can be empowering! Empower Birth Classes are based on the knowledge that pregnancy, labour and birth are empowering normal events in your life.
Birth is one of the most empowering journeys you will ever get to be on, and is to be greeted with excitement and joy – never fear. By advocating safe women centred childbirth methods, that your body is made to do, the aim is for you to make an informed choice for you birth – wherever that journey takes you. We have a definite focus on birth as a natural and positive event in your life.
What is covered in our courses?
Our courses aim to cover all the following topics, but as we have small groups, our structure is fluid to include particular areas of interest for the group. (This is just a brief outline!):
- Baby development, prenatal care and anatomy – why your body works!
- Nutrition, exercise/stretching, and relaxation
- Physical and psychological needs of the mother
- Pelvic awareness – the perfect cradle for you baby
- Labour and birth – positive pain, how to work with your body, environment and beliefs of birth
- The important role of the support person – you are the guardian of the birthing woman
- Breastfeeding – Breast isn’t best, it is normal
- Attachment theory for the early days and beyond with your baby
- Babywearing – the fourth trimester
- Postnatal experiences
Don’t like big groups?
Then our courses are perfect for you! We purposefully limit the class size to a maximum of 7 couples to provide a close and trusting atmosphere for you to be able to comfortably explore the topics covered. Unlike traditional antenatal classes that can be anywhere up to 20 couples. All classes are followed up with specific information to take home, and we have many supportive businesses behind us that can follow specific topics up in more details for you. You also have the option of joining a Facebook group for just your class – a great place to bounce ideas, ask questions, and once the classes have finished organise you own new baby group catch ups.
Classes also include a “Parents to Be” Bag from many Eco-Conscious companies, an exclusive discount with The Ecomoon Collective for wraps, slings and nappies; follow up with your own group after babies are born; via your exclusive group Facebook page.
Course Costs and Details
We have 2 options available for our Empower Ante-Natal Classes, so you can choose if you want the course spread out – or if you’d like to complete it within one whole weekend.
Option 1 – 3 Day Weekend Intensive
- $150 For weekend intensive, including items as above (payable in instalments if required).
- Held in Central Nelson over three Sundays 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm.
- These are a good option for those wanting a refresher, or a shorter course. These do not cover the full course in-depth as the 7-week course can. But all resources as provided in the 7-week course are provided to attendees.
Option 2 – 7 Week Class
- $170 for 2 people in attendance. including items as above (payable in instalments if required).
- Held in Central Nelson over 7 weeks on Tuesdays 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- For a private consultation please enquire for prices.
Check out our review page for reviews from previous couples!
For more info and to book into our next session – click below.